Dondakaya pachadi / Gherkins chutney - andhra style
- Dondayakaylu (Gherkins) : 300 gm
- Chintha pandu (Tamarind) : small lemon size
- Green chillies : 7 nos.
- Jeelakarra(jeera) : 1 table spoon
- Oil : 2 table spoon
- Garlic : 4 to 5 cloves
- Mustered (for thalimpu) : 1/2 tbsp
- curry leaves (for thalimpu) : 4 to 5
- Chop the Dondayakaylu/gherkins into small pieces and chillies into two slits.
- Take a pan and put the oil. Add curry leaves. After a while add Dondayakaylu/gherkins and green chillies and close the lid. Let it boil for 20 minutes on low flame.
- Stir the contents in the pan for every few minutes to ensure that contents are not getting roasted.
- Once the Dondayakaylu/gherkins are fried let it cool down to the room temperature.
- Grind the Dondayakaylu/gherkin(full boiled content)along with the garlic using the mixer grinder.
- Put thalimpu/popu for this content.