|Gutti vankaya koora / nune vankaya koora / brinjal ground nut curry - Andhra style|
Gutti vankaya koora / nune vankaya koora / brinjal ground nut curry - Andhra style
- Brinjal : 5 (preferably medium or small sized)
- Ground nuts : 1 tea cup(10 tbsp approx)
- Tamarind : see finger long
- Black gram(Urad daal) : 2 tbsp
- Bengal gram (chenna daal) : 1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds : 1/2 tbsp
- Pepper seeds : 3/4 tbsp
- Garlic cloves : 3 to 4
- Coriander powder : 1 tbsp
- Red chilly powder : 1 tbsp
- Oil : 7 tbsp
- Grated dry coconut powder : 1/2 tea cup
- Salt : to taste(approx 1 tbsp)
- Fry all the seeds and nuts (Ground nuts,Black gram,Pepper seeds,Bengal gram), powder them in mixer grinder along with salt.
- To the grinded powder add coconut powder,tamarind,garlic,chilli powder,coriander powder and some water. Mix them well in the grinder to get fine paste.
- Make 4 slits to the brinjal(depending on the size of brinjal), stuff the paste into the brinjals.
- If you have a micro oven, put these brinjals in the oven and bake them for 20 minutes.
- If you don't have micro oven, boil the brinjals on a pan at low flame (approx 20 min) till gets boiled.
- Now in a frying pan, pour some oil, put thalimpu/popu. Fry the onions on it till it turn to golden brown color.
- Now pour the remaining paste, if required water, boil it for a while.
- Finally add the boiled brinjals, and boil the whole curry in low flame for 5 minutes. Now it is ready to serve.